Experience the calming, gentle power of Cedarwood Essential Oil! This all-natural oil is derived from cedar trees and has an intense woody scent that will fill your senses with delight.
This natural wonder is a must-have for anyone looking to improve their skin, hair, and overall wellbeing. Not only does it potentially help with conditions like eczema, acne, arthritis, and fungal infections, but it can also promote hair growth, soothe coughs, and reduce stress.
The possibilities are truly endless with this amazing oil.
Quick Facts About Cedarwood Essential Oil
- May Promote Hair Growth: Alopecia is a disease that causes the immune system to attack hair follicles, leading to hair loss. Cedarwood is one of several essential oils that may improve hair growth. Also, massaging your scalp with cedarwood oil diluted in a carrier oil may help reduce and soothe an itchy, flaking scalp.
- May Control Acne: Cedarwood oil has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, which may benefit skin conditions like acne.
- Promotes Sleep: The cedrol in cedarwood oil may have a soothing effect on mood, making it beneficial for anxiety, and reducing stress ultimately help you sleep. It is widely used for aroma therapy as well.
- Helps with Arthritis: As it has inherent anti-inflammatory properties, Cedarwood essential oil is potentially great for arthritis.
- It has Antiseptic properties: The oil is used in dermatology due to its many beneficial effects on the skin, including its antiseptic ability to prevent the development and growth of harmful microorganisms that can negatively affect skin health.
How To Use The Essential Oil
- For Antiseptic: Mix cedarwood essential oil with coconut oil, and then apply the mixture to cuts and scrapes to prevent infection.
- For Arthritis: Gently Massage and apply the oil with a carrier oil to areas of concern, or you can try bathing with five to 10 drops of cedarwood essential oil.
- For Acne: Apply one to four drops of cedarwood essential oil to your lotion or face wash daily/night.
For sleep and calming effect: Try diffusing it before going to bed.
- For Hair Fall: add the oil to your shampoo or conditioner, or massage the oil into your scalp with a carrier oil like coconut oil and let it sit for 30 minutes before rinsing.
Do not use or intake internally. It can cause nausea, vomiting, thirst and damage your digestive system.
Pregnant women should not use cedarwood essential oil. Talk to your doctor before using this oil if you are nursing, have a medical condition, or are taking medication.
Always dilute cedarwood oil with a carrier oil like coconut oil before using it on the skin, and avoid the eyes, mucous membranes, and sensitive areas.
Keep away from infants. Don’t let them play with it or use it topically.