Chia seeds are a popular super food and come from a certain type of species of plant in the mint family. The seeds are native to mexico but are now cultivated the world over & are also now grown in Pakistan. This tiny seed is packed with nutrients when consumed properly.
It is a rich source of nutrients such as fiber, protein, manganese and calcium, along with plenty of antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds can promote healthy skin and can prove to be extremely beneficial to the heart and digestive system. It can also help in reducing signs of aging.
The product is 100% natural & chemical free and can be incorporated into many low-carb diets like keto and paleo.
Quick Facts About Chia Seeds
- Promotes healthy skin- Chia seeds are amongst the foods that are most high anti-oxidants, therefore they improve skin health and reduce the signs of aging.
- Improves digestive health- Due to its rich fibre content, chia seeds improves and regularizes digestive and gut health.
- Improves Heart Health-Adding the seeds into your diet can help manage cholesterol levels, regularize blood pressure and lowering inflammation.
- Regularizes blood sugar level- The seeds are rich in fiber and alpha-linolenic acid which contribute in balancing blood sugar levels.
- Energy Boosting – Studies indicating that adding seeds in to your diet may helps boost energy and enhance exercise performance as it is rich in protein and helps build muscle mass.
- Can help in cancer treatment- The high anti-oxidant content in the seeds may help in thwarting cancer cell growth and aid in cancer prevention.
- Aid in weightloss- The Seeds are rich in fibre and protein so they can help one keep full and satiated over longer periods of time.
- Stronger bones- Rich in calcium and manganese, they can improve bone strength and density.
Nutritional Value of Chia Seeds
HOW TO USE CHIA SEEDS
An effective way of consuming this superfood is to soak the seeds in liquids so they swell up and digest faster.
There are many ways to use chia seeds one of them is to make chia seed pudding, by mixing a quarter-cup of the seeds in one cup of liquid such as almond milk or fruit juice. The seeds absorb the liquid and swell up forming a pudding that is ready to eat.
You can also add 1-2 tbsp of dry chia to smoothies, juices, yogurt, oatmeal, or on top of a salads. The seeds work well with smoothies and juices giving an extra punch of nutrition to your meal.