You may ask if Cold-Pressed Sunflower Oil is healthy or not?
The simple answer is that YES, it is.
It contains linoleic acid and oleic acid, commonly known as omega-6 and omega-9, respectively; they are both excellent energy sources for the body. They contribute tremendously to strengthen the cells and tissues of our bodies.
Cold-pressed sunflower oil is made from pressing sunflower seeds in a cold press machine. The extracted oil is 100% pure, natural, and can be ingested and applied to skin and hair. No bleach or chemicals are added to this product.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT COLD-PRESSED SUNFLOWER OIL
- Rich in Vitamin E- Vitamin E is known for its powerful antioxidant properties and aids in lowering oxidative stress.
- Increases Energy Levels- Research also shows that consuming Sunflower oil may improve physical endurance, boost physical performance, and increase energy levels.
The oil can also help improve blood circulation and muscle strength and make you feel less lethargic during the day.
- Fights Infections- Since linoleic and oleic acid are both present in sunflower oil, it aids in fighting off infections and boosts the immune system. Moreover, studies have also indicated oleic acid to have antibacterial properties.
- Nourishes Hair- Using it topically can improve your scalp conditioning. It nourishes your scalp giving your hair all the nutrients it needs for a shinier, healthier, and voluminous look.
- Promotes Healthy Skin- Given Sunflower oil’s high vitamin E content, it may speed up cell regeneration that reduces wrinkles and acne.
The linoleic acid & oleic acid present in this oil may also help improve skin hydration, reduce inflammation and speed up wound healing.
- May Promote Heart Health- Research indicates that when you replace foods that are high in saturated fats with omega 6, you significantly lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Since sunflower oil contains linoleic acid, it may help reduce LDL cholesterol and blood pressure and generally improve your heart health.
HOW TO USE SUNFLOWER OIL
- For Cooking- It is recommended to use low-heat cooking methods when using sunflower oil.
- For hair and skin- Apply the oil generously to your hair. Leave for about 20 min before you wash out the oil. Apply a small amount on your skin to moisturize and help soothe inflammation.
Heating the oil at temperatures above 180 degrees F can release toxic compounds like aldehydes that can be harmful to our health.
So it’s best to cook with sunflower oil at low temperatures.