Organic Lemongrass Tea is a tall, green and stalky plant which is also known as citronella.
It’s taste is reminiscent of lemon but sweeter and milder which makes it a delicious herbal tea that pairs well with just a bit of honey or sweetner of choice.
The tea is prepared by first cleaning and grinding the leaves into pieces and drying them out. These dried leaves are then brewed for making tea. No chemicals or additives have been added to this high quality organic product.
Lemongrass tea is used for healthy digestion and it’s disease fighting capabilities. The tea is a rich source of antioxidants such as chlorogenic acid, isoorientin, and swertiajaponin.
Lemongrass tea is often had to promote sleep, relieve pain, boost immunity and relieve cold/flu.
Quick facts about Organic Lemongrass Tea
- Detoxes the body – Antioxidants in the tea can help cleanse the body and rid the body from free radicals which often lead to sickness and impaired health.
- Anti-Bacteria properties – Lemongrass tea contains phytochemicals and phenols that help fight several forms of bacteria and protect the body.
- Anemia Prevention – Folates present in lemongrass help in iron absorption within the body.
- Promotes healthy skin – Abundance of vitamin C present in the tea improves skin quality and decreases break outs.
- Helps Relieve Insomnia – The high magnesium content in lemongrass tea induces sleep and calms the nerves.
- Natural Painkiller – The analgesic and anti-spasmodic properties in the lemongrass helps relieve cramps, headaches, migraines and muscle spasms.
- Cures The Cold And Flu – The vitamins and minerals work together to build the immune system and help cure the Flu and cold.
- Aids digestion and reduces bloating – The anti-inflammatory properties in lemongrass can help cure bloating and improve digestion.
- Diabetes Treatment – The citral present in lemongrass reduces blood sugar levels.
Nutritional Value of Lemongrass Tea
1 cup of Lemongrass Tea contains:
- Carbohydrates 25.31g
- Protein 1.82 g
- Total Fat 49 g
- Folates 75 µg
- Niacin 1.101 mg
- Pyridoxine 0.080 mg
- Riboflavin 135 mg
- Thiamin 0.065 mg
- Vitamin A 6 mg
- Vitamin C 2.6 mg
- Potassium 723 mg
- Calcium 65 mg
- Copper 0.266 mg
- Iron 8.17 mg
- Magnesium 60 mg
- Manganese 5.244 mg
- Selenium 0.7 µg
- Zinc 2.23 mg
How to prepare Organic Lemongrass tea
To make a cup of organic lemongrass tea bring a cup of water to boil. Once it reaches it’s boiling point reduce the heat on the pot / kettle and let the water simmer.
Then add 1 teaspoon of lemongrass tea. Let the tea brew for one to two minutes. Strain the tea leaves and voila the the tea is ready.
To get additional flavor you may add natural sweeteners such as our raw cane sugar or natural raw honey.
You should generally not have more than one cup of lemongrass tea daily. Exceeding more than 2 cups a day can over work your liver.
Besides brewing it as a tea, the dried lemongrass leaves can also be used in cooking – especially in delicious thai cuisine recipes. Use the dried leaves as directed by a recipe.
*Lemongrass tea is a natural, herbal & organic product and shouldn’t have any serious side effects. However if you do have a medical condition, it is best you consult your doctor prior to use.Add to Cart