Product Details for Orange Essential Oil:
Botanical Name: Citrus sinensis
Size: 10 ml
Grade: Pure Therapeutic Essential Oil
Aroma: Sweet, sugary, and citrus
Blends Well with: Basil, bergamot, black pepper, cinnamon, clary sage, clove, coriander, eucalyptus, frankincense, geranium, ginger, grapefruit, jasmine, juniper, lavender, lemon, marjoram, myrrh, neroli, nutmeg, patchouli, rose, sandalwood, ylang ylang.
Orange essential oil is derived from the orange peel itself, it has a refreshing and rich scent that is an instant pleaser.
The oil is popularly known for its immune boosting properties. Like Lemon oil it has great cleansing agent and anti-bacterial/microbial properties. Hence it can be used for bathroom or kitchen cleaning purposes.
Cosmetic and beauty products such as lotions, soaps, shampoos etc contain orange oil as its boosts skin health and is high in anti-oxidants.
Quick Facts About Orange Essential Oil
Immunity booster- Orange Essential Oil contains Limonene which is an effective monoterpene that boosts the immune system and helps fight against oxidative stress.
Natural anti-bacterial properties- The oil is rich in anti-microbial compounds and can help kill bacteria in contaminated food and water. Studies show that orange oil can help destroy bacteria such as E coli.
Cleaning and insect repellant- Instead of using harmful chemicals such as bleach, a few drops of orange oil can be diluted in water with other natural cleaning oil making a great cleaning agent for appliances in kitchen.
Lowers Blood pressure- Inhaling or application of the Orange Essential oil helps to improve blood flow and reduce hypertension.
Mood enhancer and relaxant- Due to its anxiolytic properties the oil serves as a natural relaxant and helps to uplift the mood and calm the tension in the body.
Reduces Pain/ inflammation- The oil contains powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. If a few drops is mixed with a carrier oil it can help lower down muscle swelling or joint pain.
Skin Booster- The oil is rich in vitamin C that helps the skin heal and brighten. It is effective for reducing signs of aging, dark spots, dullness of skin and can help boost collagen.
Prevents Acne- The oil in rich in anti-bacterial and microbial properties that inhibits the growth of bacteria and prevents breakouts.
May help fight cancer- Few studies show that applying or ingesting a few drops of orange oil can help fight cancer. Limonene in the oil is an anti-tumor and a chemotherapeutic component.
How to use Orange Essential Oil
- Building immunity – Mix 5 drops of the oil in to a carrier oil and massage in to the body Or you can simple inhale the oil from bottle or diffuse its essence in the room.
- Boosting skin – Mix 2 -4 drops of the oil in a carrier oil such as coconut oil, almond oil, or jojoba oil before you massage on to skin. After a patch test you can add a few drops of the oil in a warm bath/shower and lotions.
- Cleaning purposes – Mix 40 drops of lemon oil, 20 drops of tea tree oil and a little bit of white vinegar to a 16 ounce spray bottle. You can use this mixture for spritzing and cleaning floors, kitchen, bathroom etc.
- Mood enhancment – The oil can be inhaled straight from the bottle or you can add a few drops in a diffuser in the room.
- Inflammation – Mix a few drops of the oil with a carrier oil of your choice (coconut/almond oil) and rub on affected swollen area.
- Lowering blood pressure – Mix 3 to 4 drops of essential oil in a carrier oil of your choice and massage on the stomach and abdominal area to stabilize blood flow. Or you can simple inhale the oil from bottle or diffuse its essence in the room.
Use essential oils topically only, preferably diluted with a carrier oil or advised by a practitioner.
Do a patch test( by applying only a small drop of oil on skin) before using oil to check if you are allergic. In case you are allergic discontinue use of the oil immediately.
Do not drink or ingest the oil or expose very close to the eyes. Keep away from flames or direct exposure to fire as this is a flammable substance.
Keep away from children’s reach.
Store in a cool and dry place/ away from sunlight.