Product Details for Peppermint Essential Oil:
Botanical Name: Mentha piperita
Size: 10 ml
Grade: Pure Therapeutic Essential Oil
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Aroma: Strong, cool & very minty
Blends Well with: Basil, benzoin, black pepper, cypress, eucalyptus, geranium, grapefruit, juniper, lavender, lemon, marjoram, pine, rosemary, spearmint, tea tree
Peppermint essential oil is a must-have oil due to its ability to help cure several ailments. It’s a strong anti-oxidant and has significant antimicrobial and antiviral properties.
It can be used topically and internally to help rectify several health issues, from allergies, pains and muscle aches, to low energy and indigestion.
Moreover, It’s also commonly used to energize the body and improve both skin and hair health.
Many hair and skin care products contain this fabulous oil.
The strong anti-oxidants also help with controlling tumor growth, soothing the body and boosting the immunity.
Quick Facts About Peppermint Essential Oil
Controls sinus and respiratory issues: The anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties in the oil help to open blocked sinuses and help cure respiratory issues in colds, flu, bronchitis and cough.
Relieves allergies: The oil’s anti-inflammatory properties makes peppermint oil one of the best essential oils to help cure allergies; its soothing effect on the nasal muscles helps to clean out infections.
Boosts energy: Inhaling 3 to 4 drops of the oil instantly increases energy levels and alertness. The oil can also give an abundance of energy while performing physical tasks such as gymming.
Can cure headaches: Studies show that applying 2-3 drops of the oil on temples, forehead and the back of the neck can have relieving effect on headaches and pains.
Promotes hair health and eliminates dandruff: The oil stimulates the follicles and nourishes the hair, giving it a natural luster and thickness. Menthol in the oil can help with the removal of germs, dirt and dandruff in the hair
Bug repellant: Studies show that peppermint oil can help with repelling of mosquitos, bugs and other insects.
Support skin health: The oil softens and calms the skin. Its antiseptic properties help remove blackheads, dermatitis, inflammation, redness, ring worms, sunburns, greasiness etc.
Helps with nausea: Inhaling peppermint oil has a therapeutic effect on the body and experiments conducted have shown that it can curb the feeling of nausea significantly.
Helps with IBS symptoms: The cooling and soothing properties of this oil help to relax the intestines and colon. Experiments show that the oil showed significant improvements in pain and discomfort of the abdomen area.
How to use Peppermint Essential Oil
- Stomach issues- Mix about 2-3 drops in carrier oil and massage the stomach area.
- Headaches and pains- you can take whiffs of this oil directly from the bottle. Apply 2-3 drops of the oil on the forehead, temples and back of the neck. Or simply just mix 2-3 drops in carrier oil and massage the region that aches.
- Sinus and congestion- Add 5 drops of peppermint in to a diffuser or apply 2–3 drops to your temples, chest and back of neck.
- Skin- Mix in 2-3 drops of oil in a carrier oil such as almond oil and apply on to the skin. Or combine 2-3 drops of peppermint oil with equal parts of lavender oil and apply onto the affected area.
- Hair- Mix in 3-4 drops of oil in a carrier oil such as jojoba, coconut or almond oil and massage on to the scalp for 30 minutes before you shower or simply massage in 2-3 drops of oil in to the scalp after you shower your hair.
- Nausea- Add 5 drops of peppermint in to a diffuser or simply inhale the essential oil straight from the bottle when feeling sick.
Use essential oils topically only in most cases however Peppermint Essential Oil may be ingested preferably diluted with a liquid or appropriate carrier oil. However it is best to get advise from a practitioner.
Do a patch test (by applying only a small drop of oil on skin) before using oil to check if you are allergic. In case you are allergic discontinue use of the oil immediately.
Do not apply it close to the eyes. Keep away from flames or direct exposure to fire as this is a flammable substance.
Keep away from children’s reach.
Store in a cool and dry place/ away from sunlight.Add to Cart