Product Details for Tea Tree Essential Oil:
Botanical Name: Melaleuca alternifolia
Size: 10 ml
Grade: Pure Therapeutic Essential Oil
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Aroma: Warm Spicy, Greenwood, Medicinal
Blends Well with: Basil, bergamot, black pepper, chamomile german, clary sage, clove, cypress, eucalyptus, geranium, juniper, lavender, lemon, nutmeg, oregano, peppermint, pine, rosemary, thyme, ylang ylang
Tea tree essential oil is a must-have oil due to its ability of being a strong anti-septic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties.
It can be used topically to rectify skin issues, from acne, infections and fungal conditions.
It’s also commonly used to kill germs and is a powerful disinfectant. Hence it is widely used for cleaning purposes and can be shampoos, detergents, soaps etc.
Tea tree can also be found in cosmetic products such as creams, face washes and lotions due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Quick Facts About Tea Tree Essential Oil
Clears up acne- Tea tree essential oil has anti- inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that help fight acne and other skin issues such as psoriasis and eczema.
Cures dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis- Studies show that shampoos with tea tree oil were effective in treating seborrheic dermatitis, dandruff, oiliness and itchiness.
Soothes skin- A few studies have shown that the antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties in the oil help relieve infections, reduce size of wounds, soothe insect bites and sunburns.
Anti bacterial and anti fungal properties- Tea tree essential oil can cure respiratory/sinus issues, herpes, candida, jock itch, athlete’s foot and toenail fungus with its anti viral, and anti fungal properties.
Treats respiratory tract issues- Tea tree’s anti-microbial activity can help fight bacteria and infections, and may also help in preventing congestion, coughs and the cold.
Helps treat head lice- Studies show that once tea tree was mixed with nerolidol it helped to kill mature lice and their eggs.
Helps treat Scabies- Anti microbial properties in the oil can help cure scabies underneath and above the skin.
How to use Tea Tree Oil
- Massage- Mix about 3 to 5 drops in carrier oil of your choice and massage into the skin.
- Acne- You can apply a drop of the oil on to the place of acne and get the oil seep into the skin. Or you can make a natural face wash by adding 5 drops of oil into 2 tsp of honey and massaging into the skin. Leave for two minutes before rinsing off with luke warm water.
- Eczema and Psoriasis- Mix 5 drops of tea tree oil and lavender oil into a tsp of coconut oil and apply on to the affected area on skin.
- House hold Cleaning- Mix 5–10 drops of tea tree and lemon oil with vinegar. Use this mixture to clean counter tops, appliances, shower, toilet and sinks.
- Hair lice- Mix 3 tbsp of coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of tea tree and ylan ylang essential oil . Rub in to the scalp thoroughly leave in for 2 hours. Comb out and rinse the hair with water. After this spray a mixture of 2 cups of apple cider and 1 cup of water in the hair until they are soaked. Comb and rinse out the hair for the last time. Repeat this procedure after every 5 days to eradicate lice and eggs from scalp.
- Ring worm or Toenail fungus- Apply 2-5 drops of undiluted oil on to the affected area using a clean swab.
- Respiratory infections- Mix 3-5 drops of tea tree in 1 tbsp of coconut oil and rub into the cheat area, neck and sinus area. Or simply inhale the oil straight from the bottle.
- Cuts and Wounds- Clean the cut first with water and hydrogen peroxide. Then put on 1-3 dropsof tea tree essential oil on the wound and cover it with a bandage.
Use essential oils topically only, preferably diluted with a carrier oil or advised by a practitioner.
Do a patch test (by applying only a small drop of oil on skin) before using oil to check if you are allergic. In case you are allergic discontinue use of the oil immediately.
Tea tree oil is only meant for topical use.
Avoid ingesting it as it can result in side effects like digestive issues, hives or dizziness.
Do not drink or ingest the oil or expose very close to the eyes.
Keep away from flames or direct exposure to fire as this is a flammable substance.
Keep away from children’s reach.
Store in a cool and dry place/ away from sunlight.Add to Cart