Cold pressed Kalongi oil also known as black cumin seed oil is made from pressing black nigella seeds in a cold press machine. The pressure exerted by the machine extracts the oil from seeds. The oil extracted is 100% pure, natural and contains natural fibers of nigella. No bleach or chemicals have been added to this product.
Kalongi Oil is a rich source of essential fatty acids, calcium, potassium, sodium and iron. Research shows it contains thymoquinone and other components which reduces the size of cancer growths and tumors. Black Cumin seed oil has many medical and health benefits.
Quick Facts about Cold Pressed Kalongi Oil (Black Cumin)
- Packed with Antioxidants – Cold Pressed Kalongi oil is packed with antioxidants that help fight diseases.
- Helps with asthma and allergies – The antioxidants in black cumin help in treating allergies and respiratory issues.
- Lowers Cholesterol – It helps reduce bad cholesterol LDL levels and enhances the good cholesterol level in body.
- Cancer Fighting Properties – Antioxidants and thymoquinone present in black cumin helps fight cancer cells.
- Kills off Bacteria – Its antibacterial properties can fight off certain types of bacteria.
- Alleviates Inflammation – Thymoquinone, a compound in the oil, and other antioxidants help in reducing inflammation and ridding body of disease.
- Could Help Protect the Liver – the presence of anti oxidants in the oil helps protect the liver and kidneys from damage.
- Can Aid in Blood Sugar Regulation – Studies have proved that black cumin inhibits properties that help diabetics by regulating blood sugar levels.
- Prevent Stomach Ulcers – Kalongi oil contains properties that help preserve the lining of the stomach and stop ulcers from forming.
Nutritional Value of Black Cumin Seed Oil (Kalongi)
1 teaspoon of black cumin (Kalongi) seed oil contains
- Calories 45
- 5 g of Total Fat
- 3 g of polyunsaturated fat
- 1 g of monosaturated fat
How to apply and use Cold Pressed Kalongi Oil
For general health and wellness purposes you may mix 1 teaspoon of cold Pressed Kalongi oil in warm water with honey and drink daily. Another way to consume black cumin seed oil is to take one teaspoon daily with your breakfast. Following this routine every morning will reduce allergies and clear sinuses.
Kalongi oil is very good for hair growth. It enhances the quality and length of your hair. To apply on your hair use 1-2 table spoons of the black cumin seed oil and massage in to the roots of the hair. Let the oil absorb into the scalp and wash hair after an hour.
To apply on skin for rashes and allergies you can massage about 1 tsp of oil on to the affected area. It heals excellently and aids in issues related to like psoriasis, eczema, dry skin and joints.
To reduce fine lines and wrinkles on your skin, apply a drop of the black cumin seed oil on to your face.
In order to treat acne and dark spots; you may apply drops on the affected area.
* Please note that when taken orally, you should not exceed the recommended dosage for ingestion which is no more than 1 to 2 teaspoons daily. For serious conditions please consult your doctor.