Olive Leaf Tea is fast becoming a favorite Health Foods tea due the fact that it contains a plethora of compounds that have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and hypoglycemic properties.
The tea comes from the leaves of the olive tree, called Olea europaea. Historically, olive leaf was first used medicinally in Ancient Egypt.
Organic Olive Leaf Tea boosts the immune system, increases vitality, benefits diabetics and promotes a healthy heart and stabilizes blood pressure.
Due to its several benefits mentioned below it has gained a lot of recognition in the health community.
No chemicals or additives have been added to this high quality herbal & organic product.
Quick Facts About Olive Leaf Tea
- Lowers Blood Pressure- Studies show that, five hundred milligrams of olive leaf tea, taken twice daily for eight weeks, significantly reduced systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Olive leaf may also prevent high blood pressure levels and reduce triglyceride levels (reducing bad cholesterol).
- Improves Cardiovascular Health- Olive leaves are traditionally used to support heart health. Oleuropein and hydroxytyrosol in olive leaf extract may help in reduction of coronary heart disease and certain cancers.
- Fights Diabetes- Studies indicate that Olive leaf tea may reduce blood sugar levels in the body. Polyphenols in olive leaf play a vital role in delaying the production of sugar, and prevention form diseases like diabetes.
- May Reduce the Risk of Cancer- Olive leaf extracts contain strong antioxidants that may inhibit cancer and endothelial cell reproduction. Studies show that olive leaf extracts slowed the growth of cells of breast cancer, urinary bladder cancer and brain cancer.
- May improves Brain Function- Research show that oleuropein in the tea improves brain function and may decrease the symptoms of age-related brain disorders, such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Treats Arthritis- Arthritis is the inflammation and pain in the joints. Studies have shown that olive leaf extracts cuts down on the chronic pain that is associated with osteoarthritis, and it reduces the production of cytokines and enzymes that are markers for the inflammatory process.
- Kills Bacteria and Fungi- Olive leaf tea contains antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that may have the ability to fight off infections, including candida infections, meningitis, pneumonia, chronic fatigue, hepatitis B, malaria, gonorrhea, shingles and tuberculosis.
- May Boosts Immune System- The antioxidants and compounds in the tea protect against viruses and boost immune system and overall health.
- Protects Skin- Olive leaf contains antioxidants that benefit the skin. It may reverse damage to the skin and signs of aging.
How to use Organic Olive Leaf Tea
To make a cup of olive tea bring a cup of water to boil. Once it reaches it’s boiling point reduce the heat on the pot / kettle and let the water simmer.
Then add 1 teaspoon of the tea. Let the tea brew for one to two minutes. Strain the tea leaves and the the tea is ready.
To get additional flavor you may add any sweetener of choice.
We recommend Soulfood’s raw cane sugar or natural raw honey. Try not to have more than two cups of this tea a day.
Olive Leaf tea is a natural, herbal & organic product. The general dosage ranges from 500–1,000 milligrams daily. Its generally safe to drink olive leaf tea without any guidance from a healthcare practitioner.
However some people may experience side effects like stomach pain, headaches, dizziness, heartburn and diarrhea. If you experience such side effects either reduce your dosage or stop using the product.
If you do have a medical condition or under heavy medication (such as diabetes, chemotherapy and blood thinning medication) it is best you consult your doctor before use. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your doctor before use.